-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Ewen
I can't answer your question unhappily but you may be able to answer mine... please tell me how you got to load Knoppix onto your HD and to load from there!
I have made a folder on my 98 HD labelled KNOPPIX and into it I have copied the entire 600 odd meg of the KNOPPIX folder on the CD. I have tried every batch file under the sun(until I've gone grey) and it still won't run..
Copying the Knoppix folder should suffice, yes. Wierd that it doesn't work. Is the partition autodetected by Knoppix? When you boot from CD off coarse. You say (Win)98, so it should be FAT16 or 32, that should just work. NTFS won't, but isn't support bij Win98 anyways.
I works with my machine, though I just reboot with a rawritten boot floppy in the drive. Didn't try loadlin etc.
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
-
By bugsy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By eculbert2 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 07:26 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 32GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$538.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99