You could make a website with links : Click here to install _blah_
You could use Konsole to pop up a teminal.
This is using konqueror as web browser, not sure if it would work on Mozilla.
Could host it here if you want.
As more and more install scripts are floating around, I'm wondering whether we could start a "1-Click-Warehouse" like Lindows.com, free of course. The advantage would be that you could surf there and install precompiled programs to your ~/dist with just one click.
Btw, does anyone know how it is technically done at lindows.com? I think they use a modified apt-get..
[UPDATE] It's done. http://klik.berlios.de/ [/UPDATE]
You could make a website with links : Click here to install _blah_
You could use Konsole to pop up a teminal.
This is using konqueror as web browser, not sure if it would work on Mozilla.
Could host it here if you want.
This is a kool idea. I assume it is/would be only for the Knoppix distro, or would it work with others like Libranet etc.?
paul![]()
My live-installer does this. As soon as I have more time. Next week I think, I'll collect all scripts and make a HUGE update for the live-installer.Originally Posted by probono
PS: I like the idea with the website!
cu
Fabian
Probono,
Cool idea. I hope the website idea materializes somehow.
Fabianix, do you know if Klaus will be adding your live installer to Knoppix?
Heh, nice idea! In my latest release (0.3-5) you can (finally) install .deb's on-the-fly from the liveCD, together with this and you'd be able to do some pretty nifty stuff
Anyway, interested in your live-installer Fabian, i'll bug you about it next time i spot you on irc![]()
good idea, but doesn't seem to work. blah does, but as soon as I try to add any arguments it stops working.Originally Posted by eadz
That's really a killer feature! Do you use the overlay fileszstem for this? I finally found out a method to install .deb without an overlay filesystem. It's completely manually, however.Originally Posted by Alextreme
Yups, it uses translucency. I'm even starting to make scripts to 'install' a number of debian packages into a minimodule, and have them linked into the filesystem at boot (this is pretty fast for a large number of packages, as dpkg'ing takes time).
This way, you'd either install (or in the future apt-get) new packages live from CD, or you could have certain metapackages/modules that would be addable with the iso-builder or multisession cd's. Finally those minimodules seem to be getting shape, took some time :P
However, now i'll need some form of website (a la packages.debain.org or your warehouse) to facilitate in live-downloading and installing. And dependancy handling. Oh well, ya have to keep yourself busy![]()
apt-get works. So why don't use it ?Originally Posted by Alextreme
If it does not work for you, try the solution from my live-installer. I got apt working.
cu
Fabian

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99