Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: LYCOS email shuns Knoppix users ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19

    LYCOS email shuns Knoppix users ?

    Using Firefox or Konqueror under 3.8.2 when I now try to login to mail.lycos.com I get the error:

    "The connection was refused when attempting to contact adsfree01.mail.lycos.com."

    I have cookies on, pop-ups and javascript enabled, etc. and can login to google or comcast email. I can login to Lycos from Ubuntu 5.04 live using Firefox 1.0.3, from the old default Mozilla under RedHat9, from MS-Windows, etc. Has anyone else seen this (because I'm sure Lycos probably won't have a clue) ? Sad thing is that is my primary email (grrr).

    Regards,
    rcs

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Good Day,
    I am not certain but isn't Lycos owned by Yahoo? If so the won't accept because they can't set a web beacon to track you across domains and all over the web. Try going to their privacy page, opt out of the web beacons ( under cookies I think) and try it then. I haven't had that problem though I do not have a lycos account any more.
    By My Hand ~ I Remain
    In Service,
    Captain Cautious

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 Mozilla SMTP Email Issues??
    By gopat in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:51 AM
  2. when, where and how is the knoppix users set up
    By frantek in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:18 AM
  3. adding users like knoppix
    By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
  4. knoppix 3.1 / kde / email application?
    By homer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09