Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dell Laptop, KPPP & Linksys Etherfast LanModem 56K Probl

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Walter
    Guest

    Dell Laptop, KPPP & Linksys Etherfast LanModem 56K Probl

    Dell Latitude CPt S500CT boots without a problem; Linksys card is recognized. For various reasons the configuration I am stuck with is -- LAN port dead-ends in an HP JetDirect (which works and prints without problem); internet access is only via the modem port.

    Problem -- I can't get KPPP to dial out via the modem port properly -- KPPP will not get the modem to go off-hook (even after I put the off-hook command - ATH1 - explicitly in the KPPP modem script). However, the 'test-modem' KPPP feature works fine -- the test is run successfully. Then I try to dial out, I hear the numeric tones, and nothing happens since the modem is not taken off-hook (i.e. I never get dial-tone). There was one exception to my tries -- ONCE (and only ONCE) I got the modem to dial out and register with my ISP (only after placing the ATH1 command in the modem script); however, my browser then attempted to resolve addresses via the LAN port, and not the modem port, so nothing worked.

    So (i) how do I get KPPP to work properly, (ii) when connected to my ISP, how do I get my browser to resolve via the modem port, and not the LAN port

    Note: the card works fine under W'dows

    Thanks -- Walter or [email protected]

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12
    I can't offer you a solution, but willl be thankful if you post how you got to there? Thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Linuxant DriverLoader for Wi-Fi on Dell Laptop
    By bigrobot in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
  2. Knoppix annoyance on Dell Laptop
    By katana5 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
  3. Dell laptop and fn-f8 video switch
    By neilhwatson in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
  4. Dell Laptop no boot to Knoppix
    By embsupafly in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
  5. CD BOOT on a Dell 8500 Laptop.
    By robmc5 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09