-
Various problems
I've been thinking of changing my operating system for a long time. Knoppix offered me the oportunity to see if this idea can be realised. I don't know much about Linux, there are therefore plenty of problems I encountered. I would appreciate any suggestions.
1) Naming a file with unicode characters causes question marks appear instead of letters.
2) Knoppix does recognize my TV Tuner (which is WinFast TV2000 XP) as well as audio card (Creative SB Audigy), but not fully. None of the multiple audio card inputs seem to be working. I cannot record sound, not to mention the TV tuner sounds. This is the problem I am most confused about. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
3) How do you install programmes? It should be three command lines in Terminal:
./configure
make
make install
The first and the second cause no problems. The third command produces multiple
make[4]: Entering directory `xxx'
make[4]: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
lines (I don't know, maybe it's normal) and finally
make[2]: Leaving directory `xxx'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `xxx'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
(Sorry, I have Knoppix in German)
I tried already five different programmes, all of them produce the same error. Any advices?
4) Full Screen option doesn't work as it should. Instead of showing the full image, it gives colourful skew lines across the entire screen.
5) Where is the MIDI synthesizer? How do I install Windows Media plugin for Mozilla?
6) How do I write in japanese? I don't even know what to look for.
Thanks in advance for helping.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99