-
CD is not bootable
This is my second revision of my custom boot CD. The first version I made I had only removed some packages to slim down the CD size, but that was it. It worked fine.
I've created a second version now that has several customizations to the KNOPPIX image on the CD. I have also added a Fedora folder to the base of the CD that contains some install images. I also added a fc4 folder in boot/isolinux that contains the fedora boot images from the Fedora Core 4 CD. I have customized the boot menu which involved removing all images that were being loaded so it's simply a text menu with my custom menu options. Nothing fancy.
I'm using this command from the remastering knoppix howto:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
-hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
The iso is bootable under VMWare and the CD boots on a couple of machines. The other ISOs I have boot on all machines including my first remastered ISO.
I can't think of anything that I'm doing wrong and I thought that if it wasn't going to work it wouldn't work with VMWare. Guess I was wrong.
Any ideas?
UPDATE:
More specifically the machines I boot from act like the CD in the drive is not bootable. I've tried arguing with the CD drive, but I just can't win.
-
I created a bootable floppy using Smart BootManager. If I boot to the floppy and select to boot to the CD-ROM, everythings works great. This definitely seams like either a problem with the version of isolinux, mkisofs, or Easy CD Creator which is what I'm using to create the CDs.
My bet is on mkisofs or that the isolinux.bin and isolinux.cat files were somehow corrupted. It makes more sense that it was the prior since I've copied fresh copies of each file to my master directory from the Knoppix 4.0.2 CD.
Anyone?
Similar Threads
-
By RedWagon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2007, 02:00 AM
-
By edward in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 10:40 AM
-
By widget in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
-
By infoMafia in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99