-
Monitor just goes crazy
I have downloaded and burned the KNOPPIX_V3.8.2-2005-05-05-EN.iso file to cd. It boots the cd just fine but when it gets ready to go to the splash screen or main screen of Knoppix my monitor just goes blank, the lights on the front just start blinking and the power light goes off like it's lost power or something. I have tried the special boot knoppix screen=1024x768 or 800x600 and does the same thing. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 if this helps.
Any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I do have a built in video card on my motherboard but i'd hate to remove my PCI Nvidia card just to get this to work. If it's the Nvidia card is there a fix or workaround I could use instead.
Thanks in advance.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Follow the documentation link near the top of this page. Look at the cheat codes section of the wiki. Try to find a monitor setting that you know your monitor will accept; it's likely that Knoppix is trying to use a frequency/resolution outside of what the monitor will accept. I would start simple, even lower settings than what you want to finally use, and once you get something working you can experiment more with higher values.
-
ok, I know my monitor can do at least 1024x768 with a refresh frequency of 60hertz because that's what it's set at now when I boot into Windows. Now would I type it in like this on the boot screen for Knoppix? If not could you show me how I would need to type it in.
knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or vsync=60
-
Senior Member
registered user
try knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60
Similar Threads
-
By CRK in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
-
By Budman21901 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By greema in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
-
By alex+ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 04:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram
$125.00