Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix failed Install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6

    Knoppix failed Install

    I've got knoppix to install once on the same computer, so this is very fustrating. When ever I try to install, I partiction the disks and I start the installsion. At about 60% or so the install keeps spitting out these errors like:

    cp: reading 'usr/share/local/ru/LC_MESSAGES/popt.mo' : Input/output error

    Serveral pages of the same errors (but different files), go by and the installsion is complete. I reboot and the boot gives errors and X windows doesn't load. I know its not the CD. I guess its the hard drive. I think I partitcioned them right though. I made a primary swap (512mb) and a primary ext3 (5.12gb) /. Thanks for any help, I really want to have knoppix installed over any other distro.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6
    Can anybody diagnose the error for me or tell me what it means? That could help me find the problem. I really am desperate.

Similar Threads

  1. isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.
    By markley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
  2. failed klik install
    By neighborlee in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
  3. Failed install of Gimp
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM
  4. HELP: when trying to install an ATI driver it failed and...
    By FunkyFlyKneeGrow in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
  5. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD picture

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD

$483.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99