Most USB sticks come with a FAT partition, which Knoppix can read and write just fine. This is a better approach than putting a Linux format on it, since then XP can't write to it without special software.Originally Posted by rowck001
I have a notebook (no internet connection) which I just installed Knoppix onto. The system works great but as I want to install the Java JDK and Eclipse - can I just download the Linux tars via my winXP box which has DSL, put them onto a USB memory stick and copy and run on the knoppix laptop - or does the USB stick need to be first formatted with a linux filesystem??
Most USB sticks come with a FAT partition, which Knoppix can read and write just fine. This is a better approach than putting a Linux format on it, since then XP can't write to it without special software.Originally Posted by rowck001
Thanks for the helpHere I go with Linux!!!
Merry xmas!!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99