-
Please allow widescreen resolution, like 1920x1200, from DVD
It seems that it is possible to change resolution to 1920x1200, by doing hard drive install.
But, I'd love to be able to use this resolution without writing anything to my hard drive.
I am able to use screen=1600x1200, but cannot get any widescreen resolution to work, like screen=1920x1200 or screen=1400x1050.
Dell Inspiron 9300, WUXGA 1920x1200 monitor.
(In Ubuntu Live, and Windows, 1920x1200 works fine. But I like Knoppix
)
Here's a similar request in an old post, where hard drive install solution was given: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5489
-
Do you mean 1680x1050? I have a laptop that has the same problem but with that resolution. The problem lies in the xfree86 drivers not supporting your card. The xorg drivers do a better job with supporting newer cards that are capable of displaying that resolution. Some live CDs using the xorg drivers include the latest RC of KANOTIX and (k)ubuntu.
-
Thanks, took a look at Kanotix website. For now, I don't think I'm ready for a release candidate. 
You're right, 1680 not 1400. None of the widescreen resolutions I tried work with Knoppix, but native widescreen resolution works with Ubuntu.
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
-
By pittuck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 03:33 PM
-
By lozzy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
-
By Dexter in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By vampyre in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99