Check out this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=720#2839
HTH
rock
My US Robotics PCI modem works with Mandrake 9.1 because
I could choose COM5 during the install.
Knoppix only offers COM 1-4.
Can I get this modem working with Knoppix?
Check out this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=720#2839
HTH
rock
MattT 's script did the trick.
------snip
Type this into a root shell:
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
------snip
Running Knoppix as I write this. Incredible! Just incredible!
I don't use any dialup hardware, but is this the standard fare for people with dialup modems? If so, Knoppix config scripts need a little tweaking.
EdlinUser - Glad you got it working!
--
aay - Newer pc i modems use non-standard "COM" ports such as ttyS4.
--
rock

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
$280.00