-
Refresh rate on Knoppix 4.0 and nVidia 6200 [SOLVED]
OK, I'm a little new at all this, so please be gentle with me...
I just installed Knoppix and I'm very happy with it. I got the nVidia drivers from their site and installed them with no probs... except for one.
When I try to run at 1024x768, i get bad screen flicker. The screen is fine at 800x600, the only difference I can see is the refresh rate. At 1024, the rate is 70Hz, at 800 it's 75Hz. My monitor runs at 75Hz, which auto-changes according to the graphics card, so I'm gonna guess that Knoppix won't allow 1024 @ 75Hz. I know my monitor supports this combo (Hansol H551VI) and so does my graphics card, both formerly chained by the ankle to Win XP, I ran this combo on XP for a long time with no problems.
Only Knoppix is trying to run @ 70Hz, everything else is trying to run at 75Hz.
Is there a way of forcing Knoppix to recognize 1024 @ 75Hz and selecting it from the Display Configuration? I know there's a way of changing the XFree86 config file, but I'm not too happy about playing with something I've never done before. I'm willing to give the config file a go, but I need some serious help on that one.
Hope someone can help....
Please.
Similar Threads
-
By Vishwas.Bhat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
-
By pkg in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
-
By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00