Please see answer #7.
Hi
I have a hp nc6220 notebook, and I installed knoppix 5 (knoppix installation type, not debian) so you can say that i'm a first timmer!!
- I'm getting the message " DMA is turned off, check disk it might be very slow " when i start knoppx. I really don't know what to do, could someone help me??
- I can't use my wlan either, it finds my wireless router, but I can't surf the internet!!???
- When I want to reboot my machine, it just hang it self just after "preparing to reboot...." message, so I have to hold down the power button for 5 sec. or the pc won't turn off!!! could anyone tell me how to solve this problem??
- one last thing is that knoppix choses the generic videocard configration, and for that the graphics are slow and bad. is it possible to download the driver (for linux) for the videocard?? or is there another way around this problem??
thx for all your help
/muffe
PS!
TAKE IT STEP BY STEP WITH ME! AS I SAID I'M A NEWBE WITH LINUX!!!![]()
Please see answer #7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00