-
I can't get Knoppix to work with DHCP
I've tried several different Linux Live OSes, including the Knoppix 5.0 DVD.
Knoppix says it recognizes my ethernet card, which is a built in NForce as part of this motherboard:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=702&kind=1
Knoppix says the device is working correctly, but then when I try a URL, I get "Temporary failure in name resolution".
When I try the DHCP configuration with an IP address, I get: "Network is unreachable"
When I try manually configuring using settings from Windows, I get "No route to host".
Everything works fine with DHCP (or a manual configuration) under Windows XP, so it's not a hardware problem.
Similar Threads
-
By och in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
-
By frenco in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
-
By zZyXx in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00