Hi
My 5.0.1 CD version runs fine and a reboot back into XP Home afterwards has no problems. But after using my 5.0.1 DVD version a few times, the system would not post. Sheer terror - as I'm in the middle of a huge video editing project in XP with Avid Liquid Edition. Fortunately after turning off the power supply switch at rear of case and leaving powered off for 20 minutes, after powering up the system booted normally again. I was very much enjoying my look into the Linux world and plan to one day dual boot into Linux, but at the present with my system needed so critically in XP mode, I cannot afford the chance of a dead system. I suspect the 5.0.1 DVD may have clobbered something in the motherboard, which would explain why it reset OK after a complete power down.
So until I've completed some critical work in XP in about 2 months, unfortunately I'm just not game to risk a dead system and will have to leave 5.0.1 DVD collecting dust on the shelf. Has anybody had any similar experience with a system not booting after using the DVD? Thanks for any assistance.
XP Home SP1 (NTFS)
Asus P5P800
Prescott 550J 3.4Ghz with Titan Vanessa 120mm fan h/s cooler (runs very cool)
Corsair Twin X Pro 2GB
ATI Radeon X850 256MB
Pioneer 106 DVD burner
3 IDE drives WD 8MB cache
Antec TruePower 550 Watts
Creative Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08