-
Junior Member
registered user
SOLVED Knoppix 5 problem with other user than knoppix
Hi
I have remastered Knoppix 5.01 and changed the username knoppix to manux. I have read http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...817aca0d467053 and it worked all fine but on boot from the remastered Knoppix the follow errors occurred:
Code:
Creating ramdisk on shardes memory ..... chown 'manux.manux': invalid user
>> Read-only CD system........
chown: cannot acces `/home/manux` No such file or directory
In chroot env I have added the user manux why is he invalid?
Knoppix booted anyway and then I get the error that /home/manux not exist, but it does it has root rigths. KDE won't start.
In linuxrc i create /ramdisk/home/manux but it seems that it has root rights and not user which results in invalied user or?
I have find out that /home does not exist on my remastered Knoppix because it breaks at chown 'manux.manux': invalid user. And the user manux.manux exists anyway.
How can i fix the user?
Thx in andvance
Linuxgamer
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have the solution
I must edit group, shadow ..... files in minirt.gz
The files that i edit:
minirt.gz
---linuxrc
---links in minirt (ls -ls)
---fstab
---shadow
---group
---passwd
/etc/suoders
/etc/groups
/etc/shadows
/etc/automount.sh
/etc/knoppix-autoconfig
/etc/passwd
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
/etc/init.d/xsession
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
/etc/init.d/knoppix-halt
Hope that helps
cu
Linuxgamer
Similar Threads
-
By posmanet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
-
By Compfreak in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:35 AM
-
By master_b in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00