My Linksys adapter is only compatible with windows...
What do I do?
juniorknopper
My Linksys adapter is only compatible with windows...
What do I do?
juniorknopper
Here's the model number:
WUSB54GR
juniorknopper
I have the driver cd.
juniorknopper
If you were trying to get this running under windows 95b and you had the windows 2000 driver
and the web site SAID that the drivers available are for win2k/xp, would you persist in trying to get it to work ?
there are umpteen requests for wifi adapters to be got going under linux
it's a non-standard device, and you WILL need drivers from the manufacturer of the device to get it working
catch-all generic "wifi" drivers are not going to work for vendor specific chips/chipsets/card layouts
Well said marhleet.
I've gotten so tired of posts of this nature that I've begun to completely ignore them, even though my main focus here has always been networking issues. Still, here is an article that some might find interesting about the current wireless nic problems (and even new wired NIC problems!) .
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
As linux/ knoppix distros become more common, it is obvious that there will be more questions about wlan net works and how to get them running under knopix. not all of us are so familiar with computer tech. My actual reason for trying to use linux is to get rid of windows as well as all other Microsoft products I own. I will never purchase another Microsoft product no matter what. Still, even I finally did get my wlan card to work under xp, and I still haven't figured out how (or if) under knoppix. thanks for any specific ideas

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00