-
Dial-Up, Modem, and stuff.
Well hello there.
I'm having a bit of a problem. I have Knoppix 5.1.1 that runs from the disc. Fist of all, lets get some specs:
eMachines W3118
AMD Sempron Processor 3100+
1.81 GHz, 992 MB of RAM
Windows XP Home w/ SP2 + all current updates
PCI Softdata Fax Modem with SmartCP (PCI bus 4, device 7, function 0) Manufactured by CXT (56K Dial-Up)
Ok then, so I've skimmed around Knoppix and I see where I create the new network connection...the wizard doesn't work, so when I try to set it up manually, it won't let me enter the Username and Password for my ISP. I don't understand why. It won't let me type in those two entry fields at all! It lets me create it and all that, but there's no way of typing in the info. I checked to make sure the keyboard was working on Knoppix, and sure enough, it was. Sooo, I don't know what to do. I tried the wizard again....and realized that I can't use it. It asks me to choose a country and my country isn't listed, US.
I'd greatly appreciate the help. I know I'm a chick, but I know my way around the computer. Please, lemmie know what you think is going on...is the modem not compatible? *sigh*
Similar Threads
-
By Lin-X in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM
-
By brianinmaine in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 02:41 AM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50