-
Junior Member
registered user
Repair Windows XP Home Edition
Hi,
I have a serious problem with my OS WXP Home Edition, in fact, I cannot reboot and get the blue screen.
I have a Knoppix Live DVD and wanted to know if I have any chance to execute windows sw like, Adaware, Spybot or HijackThis.
I tried to use wine but the only thing I can do is to open the tested programs, like Word etc.
How do I get wine to work in order to execute HijackThis and scan the HDD?
I do apologize if what I write doesn't look like a good idea, but I am new to Linux and having no chance to boot my OS, I thought Linux would be of help.
Thank you
Alex
Similar Threads
-
By JungleBoy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 07:35 PM
-
By Tarskidx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2006, 01:07 AM
-
By Laurent in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
-
By ftmhntr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By Graham Nichols in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99