Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG drivers.. need help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG drivers.. need help

    Hi,
    I'm trying to install the drivers for my ipw3945 in Knoppix (5.1.1 DVD).
    I've installed the ieee80211-1.2.17.tgz and when it comes to installing ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz


    I get the error

    WARNING: Your kernel contains ieee80211 symbol definitions and you
    are not using the kernel's default ieee80211 subsystem.

    (Perhaps you used the out-of-tree ieee80211 subsystem's 'make install' or have
    provided a path to the ieee80211 subsystem via IEEE80211_INC.)

    If you wish to use the out-of-tree ieee80211 subsystem then it is
    recommended to use that projects' "make patch_kernel" facility
    and rebuild your kernel to update the Module symbol version information.

    Failure to do this may result in build warnings and unexpected
    behavior when running modules which rely on the ieee80211 subsystem.

    Aborting the build. You can force the build to continue by adding:

    IEEE80211_IGNORE_DUPLICATE=y

    to your make command line.

    **************

    When I try to do "make patch_kernel" and error comes up saying

    The version of the ieee80211 subsystem you have does not include the Kconfig
    option for IEEE80211_RADIOTAP download a newer version and run make patch_kernel
    or make add_radiotap.


    I have the newest ieee80211 version so does anyone know what's wrong here?

    Thanks..

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2
    anyone?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    setup intel 3945 wireless

    Hello, I'm user of a thoshiba laptop tecra and I would like to install the driver for my wireless lan card. I use knoppix booting it using grub for ntfs, i have the complete iso copied to the first partition ntfs, and i use the second partition fat32 to save home img and data.

    I use knoppix 5.1.1 DVD iso copied on the harddisk.

    How can I install this driver with this configuration?, or , how can I modify this iso to insert into it the ipw3945 driver?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    If you guys don't mind using ndiswrapper, check it out the Network FAQ and see if it can help you.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5
    I have the same problem and got sick of Knoppix not working with my Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG, so I downloaded the PCLinuxOS 2007 LiveCD and it works beautifully, without any user intervention or ndiswrapper bullcrap. Try it and you will forget about Knoppix, until they fix it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:29 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 03:17 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 09:17 AM
  4. Intel PRO 3945ABG / Agere ET-131x supported?
    By Asgar in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00