Hi -
I'm a newbie to Linux and Knoppix. I've been trying to get my machine networked via wireless for about 2 weeks.
I've found numerous posts about Linksys PCMCIA wireless cards but I haven't found one yet that describes my problem:
When I boot with Knoppix, the wireless card power light turns on but the link never lights up.
During boot, I've noticed that 'cardmgr' is loaded to manage PCMCIA cards.
I've found the rt2500.inf driver and loaded the driver via ndiswrapper, then used 'modprobe ndiswrapper', whatever that is.
ndiswrapper -l tells me 'rt2500 driver present' - it says nothing about hardware
ifconfig -a lists eth0 and lo but doesn't list a 'wlan0' device
I'm beginning to suspect an IRQ conflict because the device just doesn't exist to Knoppix AFAIK
and, when I load ndiswrapper and tail dmesg, I see the line 'Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7'
What do I do?
Thanks,
Jon

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00