What speed did you burn the CD at?
I am trying to use Knoppix Live CD/DVD to retrieve files off my hard drive. However, when I boot up and get to the screen with the multi colored text I'm running into a problem. Its get through everything until it says
Looking for CD in: /dev/hdc
The console blinks for awhile and then seems to just stop. There is no apparent activity whatsoever. I've tried both the CD and DVD versions with the same thing. Any ideas?
What speed did you burn the CD at?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
40
Well, assuming that you confirmed the md5 checksum to know that the download was good, that is likely your problem. It really needs to be burnt at low speed (I suggest 4x). See answer #1 for more details.
Thats seems to of done the trick! Thanks alot! Hopefully I won't have any more issues!![]()

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00