-
Writing CDs with Knoppix: cdrecord -scanbus fails as root
I have two optical drives on my system. I have managed to boot from one of the drives and I can read CDs from the other drive after I mount it. However, I cannot burn any CDs. cdrecord -scanbus fails with"no such file or directory, try cdrecord -scanbus".
I find that there is no ide-cd module in Knoppix. Is it possible to use Knoppix to burn CDs? I know that there is little tmp space available, but I would like to make some small (< 10 MB) CDs at least.
Any help is appreciated.
Running Knoppix (Jan 2007).
TIA.
Similar Threads
-
By lewisdw in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 03:45 AM
-
By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
-
By markb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00