-
Debian screen under compiz
Hello,
I am usin Knoppix 5.3.1 in live mode. When I turn the cube (Compiz-fusion and Ctrl+Alt+left button on mouse) after two turns appears as backscreen a DEBIAN light screen. I like it. How can I install it in other distros when I use compiz-fusion?
Thanks
Jose
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
It's what's known as a skydome, except in this case it uses the Debian Cubecap.
In CompizConfig-Settings-Manager (CCSM), look in the Cube plugin for the skydome section and see what the path to it is.
If it's just the name of it, it's probably in the compiz directory, /usr/share/compiz. Probably there, and I think I recall it was one of the cubecaps in there.
Better write down whatever settings for the skydome are in that panel so it will look like that on your other distro installations. Knoppix does not use the standard defaults. It's rather customized all through ccsm.
Similar Threads
-
By woodsmoke in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2010, 06:03 AM
-
By jak in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2009, 11:34 PM
-
By bioximan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2009, 02:05 PM
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
-
By d3l0n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99