Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem running knoppix from CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Problem running knoppix from CD

    Hello -- Newbie to unix but relative astute user -- That being said --
    when I try to boot from the cd it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot.
    System is an HPIII 600 with 128megs or ram and 20 gig hard drive with 16 free or thereabouts.
    Thanks in advance.
    -rr

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: Problem running knoppix from CD

    Quote Originally Posted by rr4goose
    When I try to boot from the CD it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot. System is an HPIII 600 with 128 megs of RAM.
    You may be having display-related problems. Try some of the display-setting cheat codes related to VGA and resolution -- try 800 x 600, for example. Which graphics adapter does your HP use? Which monitor are you running?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Problem running knoppix from CD

    Quote Originally Posted by rr4goose
    Hello -- Newbie to unix but relative astute user -- That being said --
    when I try to boot from the cd it runs through the configuration of the system and then I get a black screen. I can run in failsafe and I have tried running the ide=nodma command at boot.
    System is an HPIII 600 with 128megs or ram and 20 gig hard drive with 16 free or thereabouts.
    Thanks in advance.
    -rr
    Try the noddc cheat code.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie with problem getting KNOPPIX up and running!
    By pvsurfer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
  2. Problem with booting and running knoppix
    By Peur2Rien in forum General Support
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 12:55 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 10:32 AM
  4. Problem booting back into Win2K after running Knoppix
    By P4p4Psm3rph in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:13 AM
  5. Ok got knoppix running, now i have a question..(not problem)
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00