Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No $QTDIR variable, configure error

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21

    No $QTDIR variable, configure error

    Hello,
    I request some advice. I have a HDinstall of the Knoppix 4.0 DVD, which is now about 2 weeks old. I am trying to to a configure for "brahms" from source which uses QT3. The configure says error Qt (Qt>3.0.1) headers and libraries not found. However, if I do a dpkg - l |grep qt, I see that I have all the qt3 libraries, including the -dev ones. I found the files in /usr/include/qt3 and /usr/lib/qt3 which should be correct. When I do "echo $QTDIR" there is nothing. I would like to treat the main cause of the problem and not just patch up the symptoms. Fundamentally, QT3 is an important package and should have been set up properly.
    Question1) What is the right way to have the $QTDIR registered
    Question 2)There are some variables for library and include search paths. What are the right names and what should I include with them? Do I also need a PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to something too?

    From another thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...771&highlight= ), somebody did "export MOC=/usr/share/qt3/bin/moc && configure --with-qt-dir=/usr --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 -with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3 --enable-mt ". That thread is dated from 2003 and I don't know what all of it does exactly. What is MOC all about?

    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Frank

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    Have you tried "export QT3DIR=/usr/share/qt3" That directory has ./include and ./plugins simlinks on my system (Knoppix 3.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by fpd
    Have you tried "export QT3DIR=/usr/share/qt3" That directory has ./include and ./plugins simlinks on my system (Knoppix 3.
    Close but no cigar. On Knoppix 5.3.1, I did that... and the ./configure kept complaining about no headers found after using QT3DIR=
    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Then I set it to QTDIR=
    knoppix@gw614ge:~/kdirstat/kdirstat-2.3.3$ QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
    knoppix@gw614ge:~/kdirstat/kdirstat-2.3.3$ export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
    knoppix@gw614ge:~/kdirstat/kdirstat-2.3.3$ ./configure
    checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
    {...}
    checking for Qt... libraries /usr/share/qt3/lib, headers /usr/share/qt3/include using -mt
    checking if Qt compiles without flags... yes
    checking for moc... /usr/share/qt3/bin/moc
    checking for uic... /usr/share/qt3/bin/uic
    checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
    checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
    checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
    checking for rpath... yes
    checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
    checking for KDE paths... defaults
    checking for dcopidl... /usr/bin/dcopidl
    checking for dcopidl2cpp... /usr/bin/dcopidl2cpp
    checking for mcopidl... /usr/bin/mcopidl
    checking for artsc-config... /usr/bin/artsc-config
    checking for kde-config... /usr/bin/kde-config
    checking for meinproc... /usr/bin/meinproc
    checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
    checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
    checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
    checking for long long... yes
    checking if doc should be compiled... yes
    checking if kdirstat should be compiled... yes
    checking if po should be compiled... yes
    configure: creating ./config.status
    fast creating ./Makefile
    fast creating doc/Makefile
    fast creating doc/en/Makefile
    fast creating kdirstat/Makefile
    fast creating kdirstat/pics/Makefile
    fast creating po/Makefile
    config.status: creating config.h
    knoppix@gw614ge:~/kdirstat/kdirstat-2.3.3$
    Ok now maybe I can find out what file in the subdir tree I just copied is 4GB... probably a knoppix.iso come to think of it.
    Well more likely... on to the next error.

Similar Threads

  1. configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables ?
    By princeriley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 06:56 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
  3. proxy environment variable?
    By activeco in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. wrecked environmental variable found
    By Lex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:57 AM
  5. Variable problem
    By cborrero2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3 picture

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3

$185.00