I am know about kanotix already have ntfs-3g by default or i that not understand?Originally Posted by nalini
Kindly check this link for information about new knoppix release
http://www.nabble.com/Knoppix-featur...html#a20905724
I am know about kanotix already have ntfs-3g by default or i that not understand?Originally Posted by nalini
Originally Posted by nicholas
The Link has a line which says knoppix 6 will be released in near future ( from klaus knopper) and that is it ....
Hello all,
Finally Klaus did release Knoppix 6.0:
http://www.knoppix.com/
http://distrowatch.com/
Best Regards,
Gilles
Just fine !
A lot of Knoppix-users were disappointed about Knoppix 5.3.1: no CD version and other things they didn't like very much
So I think the new concept of Knopipx 6.0.0. can bring back old Knoppix fans
So let 's test
![]()
Knoppix 6 is crap. Pure crap. There I said it and I'm glad.
@turbine: why?
It works on my old Dell 2400 (compiz works also) and on my old laptop.... Just need to find a way to disable the anoying voice.... Love the LXDE desktop, pretty cool..
I haven't gotten it working yet - my machine is an old P4, with 224M ram, 1.6GHz, and a Viewsonic A70f CRT monitor. I get a 'H.V frequency over range' message. I tried vga=normal screen=1024x768 vsync=60 hsync=60, with no change. I also googled it without results. Has anyone else had this problem?
The default mode seems to be targeted to a minority, the visually impaired.Originally Posted by mikekgr
Then you're confined to a character based menu that restricts what you can do.
When I finally figured out that you can type knoppix at boot time and get a graphical interface, what I got was a presentation whose icons and print was so tiny that these old eyes could hardly perceive same. The top and bottom of the screen were off of the monitor and had to be scrolled to be seen.
I checked the cheat codes and found that you could specify a kde desktop and a different screen resolution. I tried and both were totally ignored.
The scarcity of apps is borderline criminal.
At that point I gave up and tossed the cd into the circular file.
Knoppix seems to have peaked at the 4.02 dvd version which is still my main day to day distro. It's gone downhill ever since.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00