Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Vaio Wireless Drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2

    Vaio Wireless Drivers

    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and to knoppix or Linux also.i am having Sony vaio VGN TZ250N, whose hard disk got crashed. So I started using ubuntu and now knoppix, but now I am facing problem of drivers, like driver of Wireless card and ethernet, driver of bluetooth, finger print sensor, camera, etc. Please tell where I can find them and how to install. I am using external hard disk because internal hard disk for this modelis not available in India.Thanks[/b]

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528

    Re: Vaio Wireless Drivers

    Andreas-

    1) You know you can probably put just about any 1.8" ATA drive in there, right? The 100 GB model originally included is not the only one that would work.
    2) Drivers - try going to a terminal window (LX Terminal is included in the default icons on the bottom left) and typing lspci to see what's recognized on the PCI bus; another sometimes useful command is lsusb to see what's on the USB.
    3) Look on the Sony website for the Windows drivers - they can either be used directly with ndiswrapper or you can use the info there to see what the chipset is and then find the Linux drivers for those chips.

    Hope this this helps!

    -Krishna

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas2004
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and to knoppix or Linux also.i am having Sony vaio VGN TZ250N, whose hard disk got crashed. So I started using ubuntu and now knoppix, but now I am facing problem of drivers, like driver of Wireless card and ethernet, driver of bluetooth, finger print sensor, camera, etc. Please tell where I can find them and how to install. I am using external hard disk because internal hard disk for this modelis not available in India.Thanks[/b]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    Thank you very much sir, I will do that and post results.

Similar Threads

  1. Installing USB Drivers Wireless
    By kiwi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 03:02 AM
  2. Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG drivers.. need help
    By criag in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
  3. Realtek wireless drivers
    By jmitchinson in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
  4. Multiple wireless drivers
    By level in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 08:21 PM
  5. prism54 wireless lan drivers
    By tchough in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 02:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks X460-G2-48P-10GE4 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 4x 10Gb SFP+ picture

Extreme Networks X460-G2-48P-10GE4 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 4x 10Gb SFP+

$159.99