Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No window decorations under KNOPPIX 6.2 for lxde and....

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    No window decorations under KNOPPIX 6.2 for lxde and....

    Hello,
    I am attempting to remaster KNOPPIX 6.2 and part of the process was to remove gnome. During the removal of GNOME I somehow lost window decorations for LXDE. Is there something I removed and kill windows decorations.

    Second, what is the proper removal of GNOME and/or KDE under KNOPPIX 6.2. Thanks!

    Jose

  2. #2
    I solve my problem but I think it is kind of lame solution.

    First I installed the metacity packages. I took them out during my last remaster.

    I first found on the 'net that I have to edit the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/config file to have the following.

    [Session]
    window_manager=metacity

    This did not work, so another idea was to tweak the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/default and added "metacity --replace" to the bottom of the file. That did not work as well.

    Finally I added the "@metacity --replace" in the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart file and that did the trick.

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 6, lxde fonts too small
    By advertising in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 03:19 PM
  2. Knoppix 6.0.1 LXDE on HD
    By arwen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. IceWM window decorations in KDE
    By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
  4. Window Decorations?
    By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 03:58 PM
  5. Help With Window Decorations
    By knopkop in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99