Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2

    Question Need boot cheat code for ati mobility radeon hd 4570

    I am using an Acer laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics card. But when I boot from a Knoppix 6.2.0 linux live CD, the compiz fusion does not work nor does the other visual effects (like CUBE effect, etc) work. When I used the CD on my desktop with very modest hardware , the effects worked fine.
    Can any one suggest me solutions for this ? Do I need to type down any cheat code specific for my graphics card ? Please help !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I do not own such hardware but I would try Knoppix V 6.2.1 with the cheatcode xmodule=radeonhd. Support for Mobility Radeon 4570 (M92) was added in the radeonhd driver 1.3.0 although it is called experimental http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...d/plain/README. I do not know whether radeonhd driver 1.3.0 was included in Knoppix 6.2.0.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE picture

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE

$450.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Standard Memories MM-140 Memory Board ASSY 102415 - Working When Pulled picture

Vintage Standard Memories MM-140 Memory Board ASSY 102415 - Working When Pulled

$175.00



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00