-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
job317
1.) When I build the compressed image, I have unmounted /proc and left chroot, right? After leaving chroot, the source "/dev" folder is still populated. Is this expected?
Yes.
2.) How sensitive is the location where the mkisofs commands are executed?
The first mkisofs which makes the compress image is not sensitive to location, as it uses absolute pathnames.
The second mkisofs which makes the boot image ***IS*** sentive to location, as you notice it has the -b & -c, both of them using relative pathnames.
3.) I'm using the create_compressed_fs command provided with the Knoppix 6.2.1 disk yet I saw some comments regarding a newer version. Shouldn't the one that came with the disk be sufficient?
Should be adequate.
4.) What kind of troubleshooting should I try next? e.g. Is there a test script to run on the KNOPPIX image or the final ISO to test integrity?
I thought using qemu is already a very good tool to test. You can try to add cheatcode 'debug' and see if it will display additional information.
By the way, what kind of file system are you building the remaster image on ? Remember VFAT is bad !
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00