Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 7.0.4: Change text mode resolution in "Knoppix 2"

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21

    7.0.4: Change text mode resolution in "Knoppix 2"

    Hello,

    I'm booting a PC104 with Knoppix 7.0.4
    I always use text mode with "knoppix 2"
    Before getting the prompt I noticed knoppix changes the resolution of the screen.

    Can you tell how to do it ?
    I want to do the same thing with vanillla 3.2.25

    Thanks,
    Zvika

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by zvivered View Post
    Hello,

    I'm booting a PC104 with Knoppix 7.0.4
    I always use text mode with "knoppix 2"
    Before getting the prompt I noticed knoppix changes the resolution of the screen.

    Can you tell how to do it ?
    I want to do the same thing with vanillla 3.2.25

    Thanks,
    Zvika

    try knoppix vga=normal or vga=0 for regular vga text

    see this page for more vga mode numbers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions

    if you use "vga=ask" or try an invalid mode number , knoppix will offer to "scan" the available mode numbers of your video card and present you with a list (at least that's what I remember...)
    Last edited by don999; 10-19-2012 at 09:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    95
    I just tried it, and I notice that knoppix will reinitialize the graphics mode when it does the drm graphics initialization, so you might try the bootcode "nomodeset"

    knoppix 2 vga=ask nomodeset
    Last edited by don999; 10-20-2012 at 12:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    95
    also you could try the "nodrm" cheatcode

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99