-
[QUOTE=STraute;129184]So Mr. Schulz came up with the useful recommendation (while I only came up with unhelpful guesses).
Whoah... Hold on there , STraute. You give excellent information. In fact it was your information that kept me busy and brings back a 'disciplined' approach -with a new conscientiousness. Hmm, did I spell that right? I was confused how to divide up my responses and afterwards, I thought the Administrator might be upset with the way I used this 'Reply area'. Everything is new. I have done four full days since Sat last and 9:30 Central time last nite, I received my first 'All files OK' on my Knoppix DVD 7.05. So, before I slept I created a 16GB SanDisk w 12GB Partition. It didn't boot. UI error. This AM I created the little 8GB SanDisk w 3900MB Overlay and then saw your email.
And Thank You for Your diligence in following advice and reporting Your results here (Even for my unhelpful guesses on probable causes). Now Stop that! (Jack Benny).
-------------------------------------------------
This is what these forums are for. (Example) I have a Ultra ATA/133 Sil680 Raid controller card. I bought it so I could have larger disks ( 2 300 GB Drives). OK. Now, the drive that boots my system is a 160GB and is plugged into the IDE-0 slot. But I can't point the system BIOS to the 160GB. I have to point it to the controller and tell BIOS to 'Search other Drives', to get the desired result. Go figure. And STraute, my friend, it was your suggestions both last time and today that has me paying attention to All these little 'quirks'. Thank you. This is a lot of fun. -I do get a little frustrated because I'm not further along.. I'd like to be booting into a Dragon Dictate type environment. But, -day at a time-. Stay well everyone. I'm keeepin on.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95