-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
otropogo
Just downloaded 7.4 EN. It passed the md5 test, and the burn was verified. But running knoppix testcd, I ended up with a frozen desktop display with text in background reading:
flame name "Elektrosmog size 256x1538" etc. The swirly blue image obscured most of the text.
.....
I downloaded my copy from TUWien
I always download from the torrents, have had too many problems from the mirrors (none from the torrents and that way is faster too).
However, if the MD5 passed then I expect that your download is OK. If not, you can fix it with a torrent client without having to download everything again.
I strongly suspect that your problem could be that you did not burn at low speed. I don't like that this is important, but it really is. I've proven this time after time. Occasionally a high speed burn will boot, but it is far less reliable than a low speed burn.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00