simply edit /etc/crontab
I ran crontab -e as root and scheduled some scripts to run periodically, but it didn't save. I'm chrooted into an uncompressed filesystem that's ready for remastering.
It says that there's no root crontab and that its saving, but then says no changes were made to crontab. And when I run crontab -e a second time, I get back to a blank crontab.
Is there something I'm missing here? Should I make a crontab for the knoppix user and "# * * * * su -c root /my/script" in order to run the scripts as root? One of my scripts has to be run as root or it won't work. Maybe I could just setuid that script and just run it as knoppix?
simply edit /etc/crontab

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram
$125.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Extreme Networks X460-G2-48P-10GE4 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 4x 10Gb SFP+
$159.99