Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix to Debian How ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix to Debian How ?

    Hi, I've just installed the latest Knoppix 3.2v 6-6-2003 onto my computer.

    I would like to update my installation with all the latest patches and make it the same as a debian installation. How would I go about doing that ?

    do I perform a apt-get update
    then a apt-get upgrade

    How do I update the security patches ?

    I understand that knoppix is the unstable/testing version of debian, so will doing a apt-get update and upgrade give me the latest daily testing/unstable release of debian with all the latest code ?

    And Is there a way to downgrade to debian stable with this installation ?

    Thanks,
    Freeman
    KNOPPIX is Great !!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Knoppix to Debian How ?

    --You have the right idea, just follow Nike's advertising slogan and "JUST DO IT!"

    --But for Godsake, *don't* do a dist-upgrade, that tends to break things.

    Quote Originally Posted by freeman
    Hi, I've just installed the latest Knoppix 3.2v 6-6-2003 onto my computer.

    I would like to update my installation with all the latest patches and make it the same as a debian installation. How would I go about doing that ?

    do I perform a apt-get update
    then a apt-get upgrade

    How do I update the security patches ?

    I understand that knoppix is the unstable/testing version of debian, so will doing a apt-get update and upgrade give me the latest daily testing/unstable release of debian with all the latest code ?

    And Is there a way to downgrade to debian stable with this installation ?

    Thanks,
    Freeman
    KNOPPIX is Great !!

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix -> debian-like -> debian
    By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  2. Knoppix to debian
    By WarDead in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 05:47 PM
  3. knoppix -> debian
    By 12Iceman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 02:57 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  5. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00