Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 6 partitions

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brittany
    Posts
    1

    6 partitions

    After reading the "Home Partition How To", I created 6 partitions:

    hdf1: 50M
    hdf5: 1G
    hdf6: 256M
    hdf7: 1G
    hdf8: 5G
    hdf9: 3G

    Then I installed "Knoppix" in hdf6 and hdf8.

    Afterwards I made this:

    /dev/hdf1 /boot
    /dev/hdf5 empty
    /dev/hdf6 /swap
    /dev/hdf7 /var
    /dev/hdf8 /
    /dev/hdf9 /home

    ... and modified "fstab". It worked.

    Now I'd like to have this:

    /dev/hdf5 /
    /dev/hdf8 /usr

    I tried... I made 'mv usr/*. ' in /mnt/hdf8. But I had big problems after rebooting with the floppy disk.

    Maybe the procedure is not really good.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    37
    If I'm not mistaken the knoppix-install only installs to a boot, swap, and main drive (/). Perhaps this is why it didn't work correctly. Besides, you really don't need a separate /var directory for basic desktop usage.

Similar Threads

  1. Partitions and such. Need help.
    By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
  2. partitions
    By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
  3. HD partitions....
    By javiergp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. How can I tell how big my partitions are
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
  5. partitions???
    By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram picture

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram

$125.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09