Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: unable to reboot T30 laptop

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7

    unable to reboot T30 laptop

    Hi all,

    I'm running the 06-06-2003 release of Knoppix 3.2 and I'm having problems with the screen on my laptop going black when I reboot. It powers up fine. I'm running a T30 laptop with a Radeon 7500 Mobile video card. I had this exact problem when I used to run Mandrake on this laptop. I was able to resolve the problem by disabling 3-D support on the video card. Where would I make this change with Knoppix?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Sounds as though your laptop is not working with APM or maybe you just need to boot with the correct diver. Try this: Open a term, and enter sudo halt See if that kills the Xserver properly. Also try CTRL+ALT+BKSPC to kill the xserver. You can specify which driver to use at the boot prompt. I would suggest

    boot: knoppix lang=us xmodule=ati

    or

    xmodule=vesa or xmodule=radeon

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for the help.

    It's definitely running the correct driver. Is there a way to disable the 3-D support? This is what caused the problem when I was running Mandrake 9.1 on this laptop.

    When I get a chance, I'm also going to check for an updated driver.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Reboot automatically
    By elax in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
  2. Automatic Reboot
    By guenze in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
  3. Not Saving Over reboot
    By newUser2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
  4. restart or reboot?
    By elbarto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
  5. ip set up goes away everytime I reboot.....
    By fabiand in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50