I have an issue with using OpenOffice apps from an HD installed 1/31/03 Knoppix.
I can not save documents to disk for any use EXCEPT root or knoppix. Any other user like my normal user can not save documents, any document type, word, calc.. It just crashes with an error about "invalid object" then click OK, and it dumps out back to the desktop.
I figure this is a permission issue of some sort, but I have no idea where to look for a setting to correct this.
I was trying to save to a directory/location that the user has rw access to, ./home/<user>
Any suggestions on where to correct this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00
Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram
$125.00
SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09