-
Thanks for the replies, i got the follwing output for "df -h":
Code:
[root@xserver]:[root]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 8.1G 1.1G 6.7G 14% /
/dev/root.old 2.2M 235K 2.0M 11% /initrd
There's one thing I wonder about, why's there a difference between used+
avail. compared to disksize? Is this because of the fs?
So I see i got plenty of space left on my hdd.. just a commom mistake..
I am stripping the GUIs because I want a slim machine and get
some knowledge about linux in general, also the mentioned system
(p133, 94mb ram, 512kb vga) would be to slow for the big one
like gnome and kde and so I decided to be a little more drastic.
@dave_bechtel
;p - not really, I didn't connect my windows machine to the linux
over samba just to check the filesize, it already was connected
so because the linux box acts as router/gateway for my win2k pc.
Similar Threads
-
By ramaswamyps in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 02:42 AM
-
By foamrotreturns in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By Gigahertz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:29 AM
-
By cumulus in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:57 AM
-
By brentokc in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99