-
help creating a simple install disk
I want to create a bootable CD that will mount an IDE drive, format, and copy a root file system to the drive. run level 3 is perfect. I think I can just remove alot of stuff from the /KNOPPIX/ directory and copy my root file system to a directory in the master directory. Do I need to do anything else? For instance apt-get. I don't have internet access on the box I will be using to set up KNOPPIX.
Similar Threads
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
-
By dudeman007 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
-
By ckassab in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 11:28 PM
-
By CommonCtrl6 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00