-
Problems booting Knoppix after hdd install
I carefully followed the directions provided in the concise walkthrough written by David McNab.
Sadly, when I pulled the CD out and rebooted, I received an error message telling me there was a "error booting the OS". I'll update this post with the exact message. This is somewhat frustrating as I have no clue WHAT the problem is. Any hints to a work around for this problem?
I've tried out a few Linux distributions and I have found the Knoppix is by far the most hardware compatible and user friendly! I fell out of my chair when I saw how fast my peripherals were recongized! I'm still recovering from the schock! In any case, help is appreciated. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Tullphan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2004, 03:44 PM
-
By dxben in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:29 AM
-
By visage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM
-
By Yattaman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram
$125.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09