Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: cant get knoppix going on my toshiba satelite 2400

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    cant get knoppix going on my toshiba satelite 2400

    I cant get eny of the knoppix going on my satelite can it ba because it sais that it is designed for windows xp.I can atleased get it to boot up on my desk top but its not right, it find all the driver but when the main screen comes up its all blurrey.how can i get it to boot up on my laptop. the primary boot drive is already set to the cd what am i doing rong



    please help

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Try and see where it hangs up at during the boot sequence. I have a Toshiba Satellite of some sort that came with XP, and I know I had to disable SCSI for it to work. What I did was at bootup type:

    knoppix noscsi nosmp

    And that worked for me. I'm not sure if the nosmp did anything, but I know mine was hanging up when it searched for SCSI drives and I found this searching the forums.

Similar Threads

  1. How to scan images with Epson Perfection 2400 Photo
    By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
  2. HD Install on Toshiba Satelite A60
    By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:27 AM
  5. Toshiba Satelite: Not detecting Hard Drive
    By jeeves in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99