CrashedAgain,

FYI, You might be interested to know your excellent method of:

knoppix root=/dev/hda5 noinitrd ro

to boot to a full HD install also works with Loadlin.exe in a DOS batch file.
Loadlin is nice because it is very easy to use.

Use the same method of booting as with a Poor Man's Install with appropriate copying of Knoppix image files to the HD using whatever kernel you want (2.4 or 2.6) etc.

They uncompress and with your method, the full HD install boots up.

See docs on Poor Man's Install for full what to copy to a HD partition.

This is how I'm booting my setup now. First up comes the menu from Boot.ini. (I use XP on a FAT32 partition)

I select the line: "Boot to DOS or Linux." This starts a batch file that asks, "Do you wish to boot to Linux?"

If I press "Y" this calls another batch file to start Loadlin which starts uncompressing files from the CD, my Knoppix setup (with cheatcodes in place) starts up.

If I press "N", the computer goes to DOS.

So, you can skip the CD if you want as long the appropriate files are copied to a partition to your HD and Loadlin activates them.

As I said, see Poor Man's Install Docs for anyone who wants to try this. Similar method, but for a true full HD as well with your tip.

sakiZ