-
can't get to the goods
trying to get to the ftp server and i encounter the knoppix download agreement (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/downl...rrors/knoppix/).
ok, fine, sure, i agree to terms and click on "accept"...which brings up an "authentication" dialog asking for a username and password?!?
i have no idea wot this is supposed to be and clicking "ok" (or "cancel") doesn't seem to do anything.
if it matters, i'm trying to d/l this using a mac (os x ...10.2)
wot gives??
-
Senior Member
registered user
HyperType,
I tried, from the link you gave, and I can't even get past the "accept" screen - I thought it might have been a "cookie" related issue, so I enabled accepting cookies, and it still didn't get past the "accept"....
I backed out, and tried another mirror site, and the same thing, I can't get past the "accept" screen. Considering you can get past this, and I can't, only thing I can think of is that Knopper.Net (in its d/l server), is having problems. 
Maybe someone else can help you further,
Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: can't get to the goods

Originally Posted by
hyper type
Where did you find that link ? It doesn't seem to exist on the download mirror page, which is here:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
All the ones I've tried work the way they should (your link however does not work on my machine either)
-
cuddles -- misery loves company. sort of glad to know it wasn't just me being stupid (um, assuming you're not stoopid too
)
windos -- thanks so much for that link. it seemed to work, no prob. i am quite certain i got the link i posted earlier straight from the knoppix.net site, but i've been searching so many diff linux distros in the last couple of daze, i can't be absolutely sure.
i'm from canada (eh), so if i remember correctly, the knoppix d/l page offered a cdn mirror up at the top of the page and i went with that i think. i'll dubble check that l8r.
right now i have access to a buncha files and i'll have to look around for instructions re installation of this kewl-sounding distro...
again, many thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00