-
Senior Member
registered user
Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
I have a Lexmark Optra E+ PCL/Postrscript printer which I use on my network on a printer server.
It was working fine under Knoppix 1/31/03 HD installed. A while back it quit working. Still works fine on the printer server under wimpdoze.
I've tried removing and re-adding the printer several times, still the same thing.
The most it will do now, is take a print job into the queue, send some sort of packet to the printer as I get a data light on the printer, then stop. The job remains in the queue "processing," then goes away. Nothing prints, test pages, print requests from any program, nothing.
Here is a snippet from the /var/log/cups/error_log from a WORKING session:
[13/Jul/2003:11:39:16 -0400] LoadPPDs: No new or changed PPDs...
I [15/Jul/2003:00:15:21 -0400] Job 16 queued on 'OptraonPS' by 'rec9140'.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:15:21 -0400] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2986) for job 16.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:15:21 -0400] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/cupsomatic (PID 2987) for job 16.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:15:21 -0400] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd (PID 298
for job 16.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:17:17 -0400] Job 17 queued on 'OptraonPS' by 'rec9140'.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:17:17 -0400] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 3000) for job 17.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:17:17 -0400] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/cupsomatic (PID 3001) for job 17.
I [15/Jul/2003:00:17:17 -0400] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd (PID 3002) for job 17.
E [20/Jul/2003:23:55:18 -0400] Scheduler shutting down due to SIGTERM.
I [20/Jul/2003:23:57:50 -0400] Listening to 0:631
I [20/Jul/2003:23:57:50 -0400] Configured for up to 100 clients.
This what I get NOW/NON WORKING:
I [19/Feb/2004:22:40:54 -0500] LoadPPDs: No new or changed PPDs...
I [19/Feb/2004:22:40:58 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 309) for job 31.
I [19/Feb/2004:22:40:58 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/cupsomatic (PID 310) for job 31.
I [19/Feb/2004:22:40:58 -0500] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 311) for job 31.
E [19/Feb/2004:22:41:09 -0500] PID 310 stopped with status 32!
E [27/Feb/2004:02:30:29 -0500] Scheduler shutting down due to SIGTERM.
E [27/Feb/2004:02:30:29 -0500] PID 311 crashed on signal 9!
I [27/Feb/2004:02:33:46 -0500] Listening to 0:631
I [27/Feb/2004:02:33:46 -0500] Configured for up to 100 clients.
I [27/Feb/2004:02:33:47 -0500] LoadPPDs: Read "/etc/cups/ppds.dat", 144 PPDs...
Wiping out the install and starting over is not really an option, even with this being so old a version, since it took A LOT of effort to get this older test machine to even boot the CD to a stable envrioment I could HD install it.
I can not duplicate this error from the CD as it will not let me add printers and the CUPS server is not running from it.
Setup:
EdiMax PrintSir Single port mini printer server
Lexmark Optra E+ PCL/Postrscript printer
HD installed Knoppix 1/31/03
Suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
-
By RigasW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
-
By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By heinere in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
-
By batteryman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99