-
Knoppix c't edition won't start
Hiho
I tried to boot me computer with the newest knoppix version, included in c't magazine. But after the screen, where I can enter some extra parameters, I just can see the small Tux on top left corner. No text, no hardware detect, nothing. It seems like it hangs. I also tried other CD images and some startup paramenters(expert, screen resolution,...). Does anyone know what problem could be?
CD is ok, cause on other pcs i can boot without any problems. Computer isnt special, normal work PC(256MB Ram, 30GB HD, Ati Rage128, Pentium 3, 700Mhz)
Thx,
SwissSmurf
-
Greetings.
I just downloaded and burned the cd image of the latest version of knoppix, I am having the same problem exactly, I wait no more than 5 minutes with the Tux penguin - Pingüino in spanish
- on the top left corner. I am trying in a Celeron 600 Mhz 192 mb RAM
Thanks in advance.
Post Data: We have a lot of penguin here but I am just starting using linux 
El Pingüino los saluda.
-
I tried the CD in a PIII 850 Mhz 256 Ram and it worked perfectly, it detected sound, video and net cards perfectly, even my internet conection (cablemodem) was functioning at start without configuring anything!
The problem must be something in our hardware perhaps deactivating such hard would work.
The computer that doesn't run Knoppix has the following configuration:
Celeron 600 Mhz
192 Mb RAM DIMM 100 Mhz
Mother PC Chips (don't have the model here I can get it later)
Onboard video card AGP 8 MB "Xcel2000"
Onboard net card "DAVICOM"
Onboard Sound Card "C-Media"
Hard disk 10 gb
CDROM 52x (don't have model or label now)
-
So, i solve the problme!
First I'd like to say a "big big thank" to the "helpful linux community". And everyone sais Microsoft Support is bad(nothing vs Pingüino)...
So my small asses, it was my usb mouse. right, it seems knoppix cannot handle usb mouses!! great work really... i think too linux will be the future.... im going to clean my ass with it...
griiz,
swisssmurf
-
Hey, I was installing Linux for the first time in my whole life, sorry if I didn't help a lot, but my intention wasn't "help you". I was just another ass (just exactly like you) with the same problem, sometimes comparing problems you get the solution.
Atte,
The Focking Southern Penguin
(by the way, the "o" in fock instead "u" is just in case there are some language filters)
-
Sry Pinguino, with my bad english, i tried do say, that i'd like to kick all the linux-super-community-junkies-withoutgirlfrind-guys in the ass, EXCEPT you, sry my misstake.
soooo in this case....
FOCK(thx pinguino
) YOU ALL STUPID MOTHERFOCKER LINUX FREAKS! YOUR COMMUNITY IS FOR THE ASS! MY DICK HAS MORE FRIENDS THAN YOU!
griiz,
smurf
-
hahaha ok SwissSmurf, it's all right, my english ins't very good neither hehe It was a misunderstanding. :P
I am just starting to enter here so I can't say it's a bad or a great community, the focking penguin was me anyway hehe (pingüino in spanish) but I must asume that your last sentence was extremely funy anywayhehehe
I was reading something around here and I found a thread that might be usefull for you too: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes note the knoppix nousb option, I don't know if using it will fix your problem or just deactivate the usb mouse, but it's worth a try.
In my case, I tried all that lines without success...
Greetings.-
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 47
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 11:23 PM
-
By Granny in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum News
Replies: 144
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
-
By emanuelez in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Cisco QSFP-40/100-SRBD 100G 40GBase BiDi 100m LC Transceiver Module W/ Hologram
$125.00