Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Most bleeding edge C't remaster, Overclockix 3.4 (KDE 3.2.2)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Most bleeding edge C't remaster, Overclockix 3.4 (KDE 3.2.2)

    Well, mayber not the most bleeding-edge remaster out there, but definitely new and improved....

    I released a beta very early when 3.4 Cebit was brand new (first cebit remaster possted on these forums anyway). It had some problems in the KDE interface. But no more!

    Well now, I have a fully-tested remaster available and its been apt-get upgraded to the unstable distribution, so it has all the newest applications available. Overclockix is highly tweaked as far as the look of the desktop goes with noia icons and many other gorgeous customizations. This one has gnome 2.4 and KDE3.2.2, and also enlightement (which most other knoppixes do not have), and the usual fluxbox, icem, xfce, etc....

    Also included are some of my favorite desktop apps- firefox, thunderbird, mplayer, karamba, gimp 2.0, and many more. The standard Overclockix stress-testers and distributed computing clients are also included. OpenOffice has been removed to make space, and replaced by abiword.

    Nforce2 drivers included for the 2.4 kernel but not the 2.6.














    Try it out here- http://overclockix.octeams.com
    We have to use bittorrent to conserve bandwidth following a new release, but will shortly switch over to http download when the inital rush is over.



    Would a mod mind posting about this in the news section?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    33
    Nice screens,congratulations Arkaine

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I have patched up both of the installers to make things go a little easier. Whatever kernel you boot from when you install will get setup in lilo. As mentioned here already about 3.4 cebit, you'll need to make a second initrd and edit /etc/lilo.conf slightly to be able to use both kernels. But I have shortened this little bit of work for you as much as I could, and I provided instructions for getting it done.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    33
    Hey Arkaine,to fix maverick karamba theme cpu type i used this line em
    machine_info.theme

    text x=15 y=45 sensor=program program="cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' | sed -e 's/.*: //'" color=255,255,255 fontsize=9 font="Icarus" shadow=1

    the result




  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Awesome. I'll mention that on kde-look so the people who use that guy's theme know about it. I'll probably add the cynapses theme to future releases for that matter.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    France
    Posts
    18
    2.4.23-xfs and 2.6.1 kernel for a 30april04 release ???

    why didn't ou upgrade the kernel ???

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Everyone wants the newest kernels. Well I don't think 2.6 is ready personally. It's lacking so many drivers still. And 2.4.23 is one of the most stable 2.4 kernels I've ever used.

    I wanted it to work. I'll see about updating da kernels in the near future.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Update coming later today with some minor fixes, new cynapses karamba theme, some cleaning house, 100% less XFCE, but 100% more OpenOffice.

    I'm also working on a 2.6.5 kernel with ACPI and forcedeth and have it mostly finshed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    How do you get xfce4 to start? I have tried putting startxfce4 in /etc/init.d/xsession but no workie. I just get the default configuration instead of my tweaked configuration. Thanks for any ideas.

    The new release loks nice BTW.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I left xfce settings at default. I could only get it going with the cheatcode, not sure what .xinitrc needs for it. Removed it in the lastest update anyway to make room for openoffice.

Similar Threads

  1. Soundcard Philips Rhytmic Edge 4.1 703
    By Rookie in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 07:41 AM
  2. New remaster- Overclockix
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 06:45 PM
  3. Phillips Rhythmic Edge Soundcard Not Working...
    By jmattick in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 01:43 AM
  4. Knoppix-STD The double edge sword
    By spazzman in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00