-

Originally Posted by
Forester
Hi Benny,
It always seem such a shame when someone asks for help and gets none but really you have to think more carefully about how to ask in a way that people reading your post will understand.
You should always start by stating which version of Knoppix you are using.
It's on the thread title

Originally Posted by
Forester
As far as I can tell, you cannot create a persistent image using Knoppix 6 running from CD/DVD. This is certainly true for 6.4.3.
Sorry I did not find it on LXDE menu. Can you tell me the path ? (even in terminal mode)

Originally Posted by
Forester
Piety: I have been following Knoppix since its beginning. It has been the very innovative concept of LIVE CD. But nowadays CDs and DVDs are over and many distributions can be loaded on a USB drive (other than CDs and DVD) and multiboot is also popular. So I am a little disappointed that this cheatcode is not supported. It was a pioneer of ISO booting.

Originally Posted by
Forester
I understand very little of the rest of your post. I don't know grub4dos.
Grub4dos is a clever bootloader: it can map and boot ISO images IF distributions are built to handle their ISOs. Ultimately you can fit more ISOs on a DVD (or USB drive) and create a menu to fire the one you wish (may be specialized ISOs for rescue, developing, office, games....). For me Knoppix is very good as it can recognize Broadcom WIFI transceiver, fast in boot, and good choice of tools.
About persistency: I'd like to reserve ALSO a partition for this purpose (i.e. ubuntu based projects) like casper-rw or home-rw, so they can easily mounted.

Originally Posted by
Forester
I infer that when you boot the CD the screen does not go blank but when you boot from the USB it does. At a guess, you are not using the right cheat code. Try adding
video=vga16fb
ff to your boot line. If that does not work, consult the cheat code txt file in the KNOPPIX directory on the CD or search the forms for "blank screen".
Ciao
I will try thanks ! Grazie
Benny
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99