Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: fusecompress on knoppix-data.img?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    Knoppix uses aufs2, this is like a more improved version of unionfs (according to kl522 I don't know enough to compare both of them).
    You can specify branches and mount them over eachother and also specify the operations that can be performed on them WITHIN the unionfs space.
    So say I have a writeable directory A and another B, then I can mount A over B and say that A is read-only while in fact it is read-write.

    This way I can make it save all unionfs changes to the ramdisk and also run another script to bypass the unionfs read-only limitation and that script exists, it's called "aubrsync".

    This all sounded too good to be true and in fact it is there is one catch and that is that aufs-tools need to be installed and be the same version as the one that was used to patch the kernel. Too bad I have no idea what that is...

    I am currently trying to compile the newest version without succes, I'll continue my quest tomorrow

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosoep View Post
    I am currently trying to compile the newest version without succes, I'll continue my quest tomorrow
    Instead of compiling, have you tried just install aufs-tools from synaptics ?

    What is the error when you try to compile it ?
    Do you have /usr/include/linux/aufs_type.h on your system ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01